Skip to main content

Christmas Came Early (thanks to Vega Sport)

Do you get excited when you get something in the mail? This is one of the reasons I love ordering things online. I love to get "fun" mail. I also love the holiday season because I get something "fun" in the form of a Christmas card almost every day.

A few weeks ago, I got something really fun in the mail. It was like Christmas came a little early. I got this box full of goodies. The type of goodies a runner loves. And since the box arrived, it has been the gift that keeps on giving (name that Christmas movie).





The box from vegasport.com was full of Vega products. It claims to be "the first complete natural, plant-based sport performance system." And based on my experience, I think it just might be.



I'll be honest. I was a little put off by the Vega name. I am not vegan or vegetarian. I like my meat. But then I realized a lot of sport nutrition products are probably vegan or vegetarian without even trying. So I have been adding the Vega products to my diet and workouts where they fit best. This has been made easier by the fact that each item is labeled with the purpose to Prepare, Sustain or Recover.

The first thing I tried before a run when I was seriously lacking energy was an Acai Berry Endurance Bar (also available in mocha). I couldn't get through the entire thing. I am not a fan of energy and protein bars that look like mashed up baby cereal with some dried fruit thrown in and shaped into a bar. The taste and texture just doesn't like my mouth. It reminded me of a Larabar, so if you like those, you will love Vega's Endurance Bars.

So I tried a Chocolate Coconut Protein Bar instead. And holy yum. This is exactly the kind of thing my mouth does like. And with chocolate coconut or chocolate saviseed to choose from, how could I be happier?

After another run, I tried a Performance Protein shake. It had a different taste than other protein shakes I have tried, which threw me at first. But it grew on me as I drank it. It mixed up well (a must!) and was pretty tasty. And it only has 120 calories and 0.6 grams of fat. The calorie total is pretty consistent with other protein drinks, but the fat content is lower, which I like. And it comes in vanilla, chocolate and berry, so everyone can be happy.

My next Vega experience was trying out the Acai Berry Pre-Workout Energizer (drink). When I dumped the powder into my cup, I was a little nervous because it literally looks like sawdust. It mixes up much better than I imagine sawdust would and tastes incredibly better. Yes, I've tasted sawdust.

The Electrolyte Hydrator (in lemon lime or pom-berry) also mixes up well and tastes great. And last but not least, the Recovery Accelerator (in tropical or apple-berry) and Endurance Gel (in raspberry or orange zest) go down easy and taste great, which says a lot coming from me since I am usually not big on fruity drinks and gels.

Vega products are clean nutrition to help you build and maintain health. Find out more at http://vegasport.com or http://myvega.com/ (Twitter hastags: #VegaSport #AskVegaSport). Then try them yourself.!


*Fine Print: I was provided Vega products to try in exchange for my unbiased review.

Comments

  1. I've read a lot of great reviews on this product. I've never used any of them - I'll have to give it a try! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am really loving the protein poweder, but the gel and I are not agreeing with each other.

    fun to have a plant based product to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Vega!!! The protein bars are soooo good. I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read so many great blogger reviews on their products! Glad you loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Vega information. The chocolate coconut bar sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments! They make my day, so be sure to let me know you stopped by. And I always try to respond to your comments, so let me know if you have any questions for me or if there is anything you want to see on here!

Popular posts from this blog

Carpet Burn On My Butt (and a giveaway)

After two lame, pathetic, lackluster weeks of running, I woke up excited to run yesterday. And today, I wore my running clothes all morning in anticipation of my nap time run today. Even in spite of sore glutes and tired quads from getting in some P90X Core Synergistics last night, I couldn't wait to get moving on Millie. I am a planner. Today I had a plan to get my run in while my girls slept, and my day was organized accordingly. I am also a creature of habit. The first thing I do when I roll out of bed every single day is make my bed and my girls' beds. If I do something else first, it throws off the entire morning. I am a creature of habit when it comes to my running routines as well. There are a few things that differ depending on whether I am running on Millie or outside, whether my girls are asleep or not, and whether or not they are joining me in the jogger. Yet, no matter when, where, how far or with whom I run, some things are always the same. My hair goes into a pony

I wasn't sure going in...

Yep, I'm checking in. Why? Because I did something completely out of my comfort zone that I wanted to share with you. Last week I went to a place near Salt Lake called Dexa Body, where I got a DEXA Scan. For those unfamiliar with what that is, I asked Google to help us out:  "Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry  ( DXA , previously  DEXA ) is a means of measuring  bone mineral density  (BMD). Two  X-ray  beams, with different  energy levels , are aimed at the patient's  bones . When  soft tissue   absorption is subtracted out, the  bone mineral density  (BMD) can be determined from the absorption of each beam by bone. Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry is the most widely used and most thoroughly studied bone density measurement technology." Since that is pretty medical sounding, here's my take. A DEXA Scan is a tool to measure your total body composition. It specifically breaks down the regional composition of your lean and fat tissue. It gives a fat distribution

Social Media: Some good, a lot of bad, and way too much ugly

There are a lot of good things that come from social media. We can connect with people we have lost touch with. We can unite as a group (runners!!) with a comment interest. We can promote a good cause. Sadly though, what social media does best is makes us feel bad about ourselves and makes us feel negatively towards others. This isn't just my opinion, although I can unquestionably support the truth behind this based on my own experience. I have spent way too much time feeling bad about myself as a result of comparing myself to others based on their Instagram or Facebook versions of themselves. And there are several people I have started feeling negatively about or have become completely annoyed with because of their IG and FB posts. It isn't just me though. There are actual studies that can back me up on the negative impact social media can have. I have read dozens of articles reviewing many different studies that show the overwhelmingly negative (vs. positive) effec